26 August 2013

Let's Not Talk About How Much Stargate I've Watched Recently

I've been very busy the past two weeks. Which is to say I've spent an amazing amount of time watching TV and stitching. I just had the itch to get some projects done.

I'm all caught up with my Woodland Sampler again. I was two months behind, and I knew I'd never get back to it if I just didn't power through.

Francie the Wishful Fox (July) &
Pierre the Mushroom Collecting Skunk (August)
Designer: The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
Fabric & Floss: 32 ct linen (self-dyed); suggested DMC

Then I got back to a relatively quick project, Breakfast in Bed. I'm planning to turn it into a patchwork potholder using the fabrics you see there. Of course, pulling out the sewing machine is the part I'm especially bad at, so expect another update on this one in 2087 or so.

Breakfast in Bed
Designer: Alicia Watkins
Fabric & Floss: 30 ct linen (WDW carrot); Threads: DMC
Substitutions: 304, 741, B5200

And! And! I was especially determined to finish up the April Cottage from CCN's series from last year. It's been on the stretcher frame and partially completed for, urm, at least 10 months now, so I vowed to get it done yesterday. That led to an excessive amount of Stargate SG-1 on the TV.

April Cottage
Designer: Country Cottage Needleworks
Fabric & Floss: 28 ct evenweave; suggested DMC
Substitutions: white whisper thread for bunny

Although, let's be honest: can you ever have too much SG-1?

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stitching! I especially love the woodland sampler!!! SO CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Yes, isn't it just adorable? I love their designs.

    ReplyDelete